20.3.10

The Van Jets.

In the huge post about the Belgian music scene, I mentioned glam garage rockers The Van Jets and said thay they had a new album coming out. Well, now it's out! I've heard it about 5 times and although that isn't a lot of listens I think it's safe to say that it's awesome. It's dirty and fun and there are some seriously good tunes here. My favorite is what you'd call an album track as it would have no chance at all as a single. But it's absolutely amazingly brilliant and it's highly recommended. The tune is called Matador and it's REALLY melodic, it has devastating guitars, great dynamics and shouts and noise make for a feeling of desperation. I don't think Matador is representing my general impression of the album musically other than it's awesome, but this one can easily be compared with the sound of some other dudes from Belgium called The Hickey Underworld. If you like garage rock combined with melodies with a touch of pop, go buy this album, it's called Cat Fit Fury. Here's Matador, make sure you hear this one, you won't regret it for one single second:



Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment