4.1.10

2010.

So.... 2010 is here, and although you will not be making "best of the year"-lists already NOW based on feeling (hint hint, Merriweather Post Pavillion), I think there's a lot to look forward to. Here's some of the albums I'm really excited about listening to:

OK Go - Of The Blue Colour Of The Sky

January 12th (that's in 8 days, guys!), OK Go kicks off the year with their new album. I was really into their first two ones, so I'm kind of excited to hear this one. I'm not expecting a masterpiece here, just a really good one. The first single is already out, it's called WTF, and the music video makes you think just that. Oh, and it's in 5/4, which means you'll have to count to 5 instead of 4 to get the rythm. Brilliant video also, another stunner from OK Go. Check it out here!

The Soft Pack - The Soft Pack

Former known as The Muslims (?), these guys are finally debuting with their eponymous album. I haven't really listened a lot to these guys, since there's not a lot to listen to, but so far, I like what I've heard. Especially the tune Extinction is great and just really, really cozy. Very unpolished songs, kind of silly in a good way. Here's the video for Extinction.

Midlake - The Courage Of Others

Yay! Folksters Midlake finally decide to share this one with the rest of us and we're very happy they made this decision. I loved Trials Of Van Occupanther, so I'm stoked to hear that there's finally a new one coming out. Two tracks are already out for listening, and you'll find them both streaming somewhere at The Hype Machine. Especially Rulers Ruling All Things is a great, great tune. Yay!


Everybody Was In The French Resistance... Now! - Fixin' The Charts Volume One

Art Brut's Eddie Argos is my favorite not-quite-singer and now he's going to make pop music! This is so corny and lots of fun to listen to. I mean, this guy has NOTHING to say, but he says it in such a brilliant way! Not really anything out yet, so check out two of their tunes in shitty quality on MySpace. I like G.I.R.L.F.R.E.N (You Know I've Got A). Pure pop satisfaction.

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Beat The Devil's Tatoo

This might be the album I'm most excited about hearing in the first half of '10 - these guys have already done two rock 'n roll masterpieces and their latest, Baby 81, was such an amazing album, expanding their horizon a bit, but still filled with killer tunes. These guys are pure rock 'n roll energy and I can't wait to hear this. Still no singles out from this one (I'm shaking!), but don't worry, this is going to be great. Especially if we can all forget about that horribly meaningless 333-album from last year that's REALLY their latest. But damn, that was a baaaaad one. But it doesn't count as an album since there's no songs on it. (Ignorance - it's a great thing).


Liars - Sisterworld

I've already posted the first single, Scissor, on the blog and it's so amazingly good and it makes me happy everytime I hear it, it's just twisted perfection. Setting the bar very high for this album, but I think these guys can do it. Their latest was a fantastic one too, be sure to check it out. It's self-titled and from 2007. Scissor is still available for free on their website, make sure you get this one. NOISE EXPLOTION!


Also, these:

MGMT are going to release an album called Congratulations in Spring '10. We don't really know that much about it, but we know they headed to Malibu to record with an ex-member of Spacemen 3, and that sounds pretty damn promising.

LCD Soundsystem have a record that they're hoping to get out in April, but that's not official yet. All we know is that Sound Of Silver was absolutely brilliant, and if James Murphy and company just get anywhere near it, it's going to be worth a listen.

Gorillaz have a new one out, it's called Plastic Beach and EMI says that it's going to be released in March. Their first album was such a blast, the second was really, really good and I hope they keep their pace on this one.

Billboard states that Arcade Fire will release a lead single in early 2010 (I'm waiting RIGHT HERE!) and an album in May. Third masterpiece in a row, anyone?

Also, Norwegian noise-rockers Serena-Maneesh are planning to put out an album. Not much information here neither, but here's an AMAZING live performance of a new track. Promising!

Of course there's a lot more, and probably some that I've forgot, but we'll catch up with those later.

No comments:

Post a Comment