30.4.10

Film School.




The last couple of days I've been drenching myself in glorious noise from Maribel, Underground Railroad and especially Film School which I rediscovered a couple of days ago. I bought their latest one, Hideout, from 2007 and listened to it a couple of times and figured out that it was quite good and then I completely forgot it. Just took it up about a week ago and decided to listen to it again and now is has revealed itself as a brilliant blend of raw shoegaze, psychedelic noisy stuff and indie. These guys should get so much more attention than they do. Here's some fantastic tunes off Hideout:

Dear Me.
This is the glorious opening tune - tends towards the more melancholic noise rock.
Compare.
Compare might have the best melody on Hideout - this one is kind of classic shoegaze but with an indie feel.
Sick Hipster Nursed By Suicide Girl.
Brilliant song title, I like the drony noise that comes from the guitars.

Film School are currently working on new material, by the way.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment