5.4.10

Melissa Auf Der Maur.

Hey there.

Back from my vacation! During this, I filled up my iPod with LOADS of new (and old) stuff, and the only thing I really listened to was the new one from Melissa Auf Der Maur. I'll tell you about that one very soon but let's warm up a bit.

Melissa Auf Der Maur is Canadian, she plays the bass, she plays rock music, she's red-haired and she has done some modelling for Calvin Klein. In the mid-90's, she jumped in and took the place of bass player in Courtney Love's band, Hole. After Hole split up, she joined The Smashing Pumpkins for a while. But in 2004, her first solo album, Auf Der Maur, saw the light. Collaborators were, among others, Josh Homme, Nick Oliveri, James Iha, John Stanier, Chris Goss, Eric Erlandson and Jeordie White. And guess what? It's great. Enough talk, here's something to listen to:


Just wanted to show you the video to show you that she's sexy as hell. The sound quality is horrible. But here is an mp3 of it in very decent quality.

On another tune, Josh Homme joined her for the songwriting which resulted in a tune of glorious acid pop with plenty of guitars. Listen to I'll Be Anything You Want right here.

Well, that's at least 2 tunes of glory, I think you'll hear more about this fine young lady on the blog later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment